You can apply to extend your spouse visa within the UK under 5 years route, EXTENSION OF SPOUSE VISA UK (5 YEARS ROUTE).
If you have successfully completed your 2 years and 6 months on a spouse visa within the UK then you can apply for further extension of your spouse visa for another 2 years 6 months after which you will be entitled to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain from the UK Spouse Visa 5 years Route.
Which application form do I need to fill in to apply for a UK Spouse visa:
a) Initial Spouse Visa form is FLR (M)
b) Extension of UK Spouse visa form is the same i.e. FLR (M)
Please note the FLR (M) application form is online now and you need to submit it online.
If you are applying initially or for an extension of a spouse visa then you need to comply with the following requirements:
- English Language
- Tuberclosis test
- Your Spouse must be earning £18600.00 gross salary
- You must be over 18 to get married
- Marriage must be registered
- For salaried employment you need to provide 6 months bank statments and 6 months payslips
- For self employedf person you need to provide 1 year bank statement and SA302
- Marriage must be subsisting
Exemption to the Financial Requirement?
- Carer’s Allowance.
- Disability Living Allowance.
- Severe Disablement Allowance.
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
- Attendance Allowance.
- Personal Independence Payment.
If you do not meet the financial Requirement?
If your partner does not meet the income threshold of £18600.00 then you can apply for switching into spouse visa 10 years route.
Rights of Dependants
The dependants of spouse visa can live, work or study within the United Kingdom.
Application Fees for a UK Spouse Visa:
Within the UK it is £1033 excluding the Immigration Health Surcharge. Immigration health surcharge at this point of time is £600/per year, therefore: