Frontier worker visa UK

You need to get a Frontier Worker permit if you want to work in the UK but live in another country.

You may be eligible if all of the following apply:

  • you’re from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein
  • you live outside of the UK
  • you began working in the UK by 31 December 2020

You do not need to apply for the frontier visa if you are coming to the United Kingdom:

You may be able to come to the UK without a visa (FRONTIER WORKER VISA UK) if you’re either:

  • invited as an expert in your profession for a ‘Permitted Paid Engagement’
  • visiting for certain business or academic activities, but not working in the