You can apply to stay in the UK as a stateless person (initial leave to remain stateless person) if both of the following apply:

  • you’re not recognized as a citizen of any country
  • you’re unable to live permanently in any other country

You will be granted a visa for 5 years.

You can join your dependents under the age of 18 years.

No fee needs to be paid if you are applying for initial leave to remain stateless person.

You can apply for Indefinite leave to Remain after 5 years.