If you are private renting the property then you must know your rights and responsibilities, which are as follows:
Your rights and responsibilities
You have certain rights and responsibilities if you are a private renting tenant.
As a tenant, you have the right to:
- live in a property that’s safe and in a good state of repair
- have your deposit returned when the tenancy ends – and in some circumstances have it protected
- challenge excessively high charges
- know who your landlord is
- live in the property undisturbed
- see an Energy Performance Certificate for the property
- be protected from unfair eviction and unfair rent
- have a written agreement if you have a fixed-term tenancy of more than 3 years
tenancy agreement, should be fair and comply with the law.